Sunday, September 27, 2020

Music Reflection: How Can I Keep from Singing

For this week, please enjoy the NYC Virtual Choir and Orchestra performing “How Can I Keep from Singing,” a beautiful arrangement and reminder of togetherness though socially apart. 

Lyrics: My life flows on in endless song above earth's lamentation. I hear the real, though far-off hymn that hails a new creation. No storm can shake my inmost calm, while to that rock, I’m clinging Since love prevails in heaven and earth, How can I keep from singing? While though the tempest round me roars, I know the truth, it liveth. And though the darkness round me close, songs in the night it giveth. No storm can shake my inmost calm, while to that rock, I’m clinging Since love prevails in heaven and earth, How can I keep from singing? I Lift my eyes. The cloud grows thin; I see the blue above it. And day by day, this pathway smooths, since first I learned to love it. No storm can shake my inmost calm, I hear the music ringing. It sounds an echo in my soul. How can I keep from singing? How Can I Keep from singing? Keep Singing.

O God, who would fold both heaven and earth in a single peace:

let the design of thy great love

lighten upon the waste of our wraths and sorrows:

and give peace to thy Church,

peace among nations,

peace in our dwellings,

and peace in our hearts:

through thy Son our Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.

With Metta and Peace,
Ryan Keebaugh
www.ryankeebaugh.com